A pillow blog.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thoughts on Return

So, on Sunday, I'm returning to the US. A fourteen-hour plane ride, with, now, four bags. I'd started with three bags, but I bought a hanging bag for my three new tailor-made suits (pictures to follow). Lisa Tailor, at 三里屯 3.3 Mall did a good job, although the buttons they used were cheap...

My feelings on this are mixed. Like my long-ago trip to Japan, the pain was just immense at times. Beijing is a tough city, I've had a tough time here, although I'm glad I ate the bugs at Wanfujing. I only wish that I was this guy. Very much the best "foreigner" blog I've read. He's not especially insightful or such a beautiful writer, but he's as open to experience as anyone I've read.

(His blog reminds me strongly of JR Ackerley's Hindoo Holiday.)

No comments: